As the old year ends and 2013 begins, let's take a look at some of the big stories from Glastonbury from 2012:
- June 28, 2012, was the first day that Patch came to Glastonbury, and just a few short weeks later I started in town as your Local Editor.
- This past year involved a lot of crazy weather in town, from a microburst that caused tornado-level damage in South Glastonbury to
- Glastonbury High School's own Donn Cabral came in 8th in the world in the steeplechase at the 2012 Olympic Games.
- The remains of East Hampton resident Jini Barnum were discovered in town by a woman walking her dog near Windham Road.
- This year's historic election saw president Barack Obama re-elected president, while Glastonbury residents approved a measure to expand Riverfront Park and give the town it's first access to the Connecticut River.
- This holiday season someone stole the antique red sleigh from Emmy Lou's Gift Shop. They're still looking to get it back!
What were your memories from 2012 in Glastonbury? Let us know in the comments. And may you all have a safe and happy New Year!