Beginner 5K Running Training Program
The Glastonbury River Runners (GRR) will be conducting a FREE 9 week running program for beginners of any level. If your goal is to complete a 5K (3.1 miles), then join us beginning Saturday, February 2nd at 8:30am at Riverfront Park on Welles Street in Glastonbury. Meet more people with the same goal, make new friends and feel great!
How does it work?
- Our training group will meet two days a week (Tuesdays at 6pm & Saturdays at 8:30am).
- The program includes combinations of running and walking certain distances for each training session.
- Participants will train at a pace that they feel comfortable with in achieving their goals.
- This program will be supported by experienced runners and coaches that will cover different aspects of a running regimen throughout the program.
- This 9 week training program will end with our Spicy Green Bean Run Diva Run 5K race on Sunday, April 7, 2013, if you choose to participate and register.
- All you have to do is show up and we’ll help keep you going!
We look forward to getting to know you, supporting you in reaching your weekly goals and cheering you on as you cross the finish line of your first 5K!